County Line: Attend an Easter church service near you this weekend
Published 10:53 am Friday, April 7, 2023
By Shirley Thorne
County Line Correspondent
Easter is this weekend – a special time of remembrance and celebration. Christians across our community, state, country, and world remember the death of Jesus Christ on the Cross at Calvary and celebrate His resurrection as proved by many who saw and talked with Him before He ascended to Heaven. Our local churches will be celebrating His resurrection with special services:
• Calvary Baptist, Easter worship 11 a.m.;
• Clarksbury Methodist, Sunrise service 7 a.m., breakfast 7:40-8:40, Sunday school 8:40-9:40, and worship 10;
• Piney Grove AME Zion, Sunrise service with sister churches at 7 a.m. via Zoom and Easter worship 11 a.m.;
• Pleasant View Baptist, Sunrise service 7 a.m., breakfast 7:15 and worship 8;
• Salem Methodist, Sunrise service with Center Methodist at Salem 6:45 a.m. with light breakfast 7:15, and worship 9:30 a.m. at Salem;
• Society Baptist, Sunrise service 7:15 a.m., light breakfast 7:45, Sunday school 8:45, and worship with Easter cantata at 10 (No evening service);
• Clarksbury Methodist, Good Friday service at 7 p.m.;
• Piney Grove AME Zion, Easter skating for children at Clemmons, Saturday, April 8;
• Salem Methodist, Good Friday service at 7 p.m. with Center Methodist at Center; and
• Society Baptist, sanctuary open for personal Easter reflection and communion from 8 a.m.-6 p.m. Good Friday.
As local churches are preparing their cemeteries for mowing season and Easter sunrise services, remember to remove weather-worn flowers and decor from the graves of loved ones.
The 12-session Bible study hosted by Clarksbury Methodist and led by Angie Revels will not meet Sunday, April 9.
Upcoming community events: Cool Spring School Alumni Association dinner meeting Saturday, April 15 at the Cool Spring Elementary gym; and drive-thru spaghetti dinner fundraiser sponsored by the Society Baptist Youth from 5-7 p.m. Saturday, April 22.
Our community sends get-well wishes to Sherrill Johnson and Alice C. Waugh. Sherrill was to have back surgery last Tuesday. Alice was admitted last Thursday at Forsyth Medical Center. Kay Beck and Agnes Wooten have improved and are recuperating at home. Join us in prayer for the Lord’s divine healing upon these residents and others who are having health problems.
Remember in prayer Retha and Curtis Gaither; Retha’s brother Donald Cranfill died Thursday of last week.
For news and memories to share, please call or text Shirley on 336-492-5115 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.