Davie Superior Court
Published 4:17 pm Wednesday, January 11, 2023
The following cases were disposed of during the Dec. 5 session of Davie Superior Court. Presiding: Judge Mark Klass. Prosecuting: Rob Taylor, Ina Stanton and Alan Martin, assistant DAs.
– Brian Christopher Andrews, possession of a weapon of mass destruction, dismissed.
– Jake Alexander Blake, felony child abuse inflicting serious bodily injury, reduced to attempted child abuse inflicting serious bodily injury, sentenced to 29 to 47 months, suspended 30 months, obtain mental health evaluation, have no contact with minor child without following DSS plan, $1,307.50 attorney fee.
– Tammy Dianne Cass, 3 counts felony probation violation, sentenced to 90 days on each count.
– Christina Leann Coleman, felony cruelty to animals, reduced to misdemeanor cruelty to animals, sentenced to 45 days, suspended 18 months, do not own or possess any animals while on probation, $1,276.86 restitution.
– Billy Wiley Edwards Jr., felony probation violation, probation terminated.
– James Douglas Grant, felony possession of methamphetamine, sentenced to four to 14 months, suspended 12 months, submit DNA sample.
– Jeremy Ray Greer, misdemeanor probation violation, probation continued 12 months.
– Albert Clifford Higdon, felony child abuse inflicting serious bodily injury, sentenced to 13 to 25 months, suspended 24 months, one day active-credit, follow DSS plans, $3,220 attorney fee.
– Elizabeth Johnson, robbery with a dangerous weapon, sentenced to 48 to 70 months, obtain GED, obtain mental health evaluation, work release recommended, DART program, have no contact with victims; felony conspiracy, sentenced to 22 to 39 months to run at expiration of previous sentence, suspended 24 months, continue with treatment; assault with a deadly weapon inflicting serious injury, two counts assault by strangulation, dismissed per plea.
– Kathy Marie Kiger, felony child abuse inflicting serious bodily injury, reduced to felony child abuse willful neglect, sentenced to 13 to 25 months, suspended two years, one day active-credit, follow DSS plans, $170 attorney fee.
– James Edward Marshall, felony probation violation, probation terminated.
– Duffie Dawn Mazzeo, felony possession with intent to sell/deliver heroin, reduced to possession of heroin, sentenced to 3-13 months, suspended 12 months, 2 days active-credit, obtain drug/alcohol assessment, $1,570 attorney fee.
– Nicole Yvonne Milles, felony possession of methamphetamine, dismissed.
– Lacey Denise Minton, 3 counts felony probation violation, probation terminated.
– Aaron Arnoldo Moreno, trafficking in cocaine, possession with intent to manufacture/sell/deliver cocaine, conspiracy to traffic in cocaine, dismissed.
– Thomas Christopher Parker, 2 counts domestic violence protective order violation, remanded to district court for judgment.
– John Hamilton Stokes III, statutory sex offense, statutory sex offense with a child less than or 15 years old, sentenced to 180 to 334 months, enroll in sex offender control program, obtain mental health assessment, 30-year sex offender registry, submit DNA sample, cost, $2,285 attorney fee; 2 counts each statutory sex offense with a child by an adult and taking indecent liberties with a child, dismissed.
– Brandon C. Tyler, misdemeanor probation violation, 90 days active.
– Jamie Bullabough White, felony possession with intent to sell/deliver heroin, sentenced to six to 17 months, suspended 18 months, 39 days active-credit, obtain drug/alcohol assessment, $335 attorney fee.
Failure to Appear
– Roberto Medina Carrillo, felony fleeing to elude arrest with motor vehicle.
– Michael Shannon Smiley, failure to report new address – sex offender.