Davie Superior Court
Published 2:30 pm Thursday, September 22, 2022
The following cases were disposed of during the Aug. 22 session of Davie Superior Court. Presiding: Lori I. Hamilton. Prosecuting: Rob Taylor, Ina Stanton and Alan Martin, assistant DAs.
– Amanda Sue Abshire, felony probation violation, dismissed, $140 attorney fee.
– Wendy Star Bruton, felony obtaining property by false pretense, reduced to misdemeanor aid and abet common law uttering, sentenced to 120 days, suspended 24 months, TASC program, submit to drug testing, $1,250 restitution, cost, $660 attorney fee.
– Britani Leann Charles, misdemeanor probation violation, probation terminated; felony probation violation probation extended two months.
– Phil Jay Heyne, first degree rape, sentenced to 192 to 240 months, submit DNA sample, obtain psychological counseling, have no contact with victim or her family, register as sex offender for remainder of natural life, cost. Appealed.
– Jolynn Samantha Hicks, felony cruelty to animals, sentenced to 6 to 17 months, suspended 60 months, report evaluation for mental health, submit DNA sample, do not possess any pets while on probation, $5,000 restitution, cost; 10 counts felony cruelty to animals, unauthorized use of vehicle, dismissed per plea.
– Hunter Chase Poteat, 2 counts third degree sex exploitation of a minor, dismissed by court.
– Casey Aaron Prevette, felony obtaining property by false pretense, dismissed.
– Arnie Preston Rabon, 3 counts felony larceny of vehicle parts, dismissed per plea.
– Louise Alexander Sherrill, driving while license revoked not DWI revocation, driving while license revoked DWI revocation, dismissed.
– Michael Wayne Shoffner, possession of a firearm by a felon, sentenced to 14 to 26 months, suspended 24 months, submit DNA sample, obtain substance abuse assessment, cost.
– Kristen Ashley Smith, felony larceny from the person, felony probation violation, reduced to misdemeanor probation violation, probation revoked, $172.50 attorney fee.
Failure to Appear
– Tyquis Jaqon Butler, attempted robbery with a dangerous weapon, possession of a firearm by felon.
– Steven Jay Magness, sexual battery, second degree forcible sex offense.