Chamber awards tourism grants
Published 10:25 am Thursday, July 7, 2022
Folks at the Davie County Chamber of Commerce wear many hats.
In addition to serving as a catalyst for business growth and development, the chamber promotes the community through tourism initiatives and is home to the Davie County Visitor Center which is filled with free regional brochures and maps.
As the county’s primary source for tourist information, the chamber offers multiple ways residents and visitors can uncover the opportunities Davie has to offer.
DiscoverDavieCounty.com features restaurants, shops, and attractions. Discover Davie County Facebook and Instagram share upcoming events and contests. The chamber’s website offers an events calendar and everyone is encouraged to sign up for the weekly events e-newsletter. Business owners are invited to join the Discover Davie County Tourism Networking Group.
“We are a conduit of information and a county-wide one-stop shop for events and fun activities to do with family and friends,” said Chamber President Caroline Moser.
“The chamber’s tourism budget is funded through the county’s hotel occupancy tax, which goes supports local organizations that help make Davie County the unique place that we all know and love through tourism grants. Over the years we have had the opportunity to support dozens of special organizations and programs.”
Applications are reviewed by the Davie County Tourism Advisory Board, which assists with the development and marketing of Davie tourism attractions, assets, and potential tourism sites; and to encourage economic development through travel and tourism. The advisory board is comprised of Davie business leaders who provide advice and perspectives.
This year, the advisory board presented grants for 19 initiatives.
Interested in Applying for a Grant in 2023?
She encourages additional organizations to apply for funding during the 2023 grant cycle which opens on Jan. 1, 2023, and closes on Feb. 28. Those interested in applying should email the Chamber of Commerce at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Davie Chamber Tourism Grants Funded in 2022
• 2022-2023 Season of Applause! for Davie County Arts Council, funding for performances
• Davie American Little League, funds to purchase batting cages
• Visit NC Farms App for NC Cooperative Extension, funding to help waive listing fees for the farmers
• Bear Creek Teepee Retreat – Funding to install 2 teepees and create a hippy camping site
• 2022 Summer Concert Series for Davie County Recreation & Parks, funding to secure bands for concerts
• Completion of Phase 2 at The Park at Lake Louise, funding for the construction of a picnic/educational pavilion and a public restroom
• Main Street 5k of Mocksville for Main Street Marathon, funds for advertising, travel, race management, and course supplies
• Carolina Bible Camp Bluegrass Festival, funding for marketing materials for event
• 2022/2023 Farmington Cycling Events for Farmington Community Association, funding for advertising, signage, websites, food cost, hotel stays for speakers
• Christmas Under the Stars at Camp Manna, funding for gas and electric for the Christmas program
• Piedmont Disc Golf Challenge for Farmington Community Center, funding for advertising, signage, websites, food cost and hotel/travel stays for tournament staff
• 2022 Independence Celebration at Davie County Recreation & Parks, funding for firework display
• Summer Concert Series at The Station General Store & Taproom, funding for promotions for event
• Marketing/Brand Awareness for NC Daniel Boone Heritage Trail Inc., funding for advertising (updating rack cards)
• Farmington Fall Festival at Farmington Community Association, funding for food for event
• Halloween on Main Street for DMC, funding sheriff’s deputies
• Cognition’s STEAM Extravaganza! for Cognition Davie, funding for STEAM stations and materials for event
• KidsFest for Smart Start of Davie County, funding for marketing materials to announce new location of event
• The Great Bullhole Duck Race & The Annual Fall Fundraiser at RiverPark at Cooleemee Falls, funding for marketing for events