Davie District Court Sept. 30, 2021
Published 10:08 am Wednesday, October 27, 2021
The following cases were disposed of during the Sept. 30 session of Davie District Court. Presiding: Judge Mary F. Covington. Prosecuting: Eric Farr and Pearce Dougan, assistant DAs.
– James Clifton Arnold, driving while license revoked DWI revocation, give/lend/borrow license plate, operating vehicle with no insurance, dismissed per plea; DWI, sentenced to six months, suspended 12 months, 72 hours community service, surrender license, not operate vehicle until licensed, $300, cost, $255 attorney fee.
– Aisulu Skye Ball, selling malt beverage/unfortified wine to person under age 21, dismissed, complied with informal deferred prosecution.
– Connie T. Farrell, breaking or entering, dismissed per plea; harassing phone call, sentenced to time served, have no contact with victim.
– Dakota Ray Ferguson, communicating threats, dismissed at request of prosecuting witness.
– Conor Ray Hargitt, speeding 92 in a 70, reduced to improper equipment, $200, cost; reckless driving, dismissed per plea.
– Samuel Dean James, felony larceny, reduced to misdemeanor larceny, felony larceny of vehicle, reduced to misdemeanor larceny, interfering with jail/prison fire system, reduced to injury to real property, sentenced to 120 days, credit for 82 days, $735 attorney fee; DWI, sentenced to 45 days to run concurrent with previous sentence, obtain substance abuse assessment; felony larceny, 2 counts misdemeanor larceny, 2 counts obtaining property by false pretense, disorderly conduct, second degree trespass, attempted larceny, communicating threats, driving while license revoked, hit/run leaving scene after causing property damage, reckless driving, driving while license revoked not DWI, unsafe movement, dismissed per plea.
– Brenda Kay Legg, assault and battery, dismissed, prosecuting witness failed to appear, state’s motion to continue denied.
– Lawrence Nicholson, misdemeanor larceny, sentenced to 30 days, suspended 12 months, remain on good behavior, do not commit similar offense, remain employed, have no contact with victim, $380 restitution to victim.
– Leonard Carl Ruffner, 2 counts failure to file/pay income tax, failed to comply with deferred prosecution, sentenced to 30 days, suspended 12 months, $44,413.23 restitution, cost, $955 attorney fee; 74 counts failure to file/pay income tax, 78 counts failure to pay sales tax, dismissed per plea.
– Jennifer R. Williams, speeding 90 in a 70, reduced to 79 in a 70, $25, cost; expired registration, reckless driving, dismissed per plea.
– Jason Denoris Young, driving while license revoked DWI revocation, prayer for judgment continued.
Failure to Appear
– Beau Steven Glover, insurance fraud, attempting to obtain property by false pretense.
– Darrius R. Ijames, misdemeanor probation violation.
– William Kenneth Lennon III, breaking and/or entering, larceny after breaking/entering, resisting public officer, felony breaking/entering, larceny.
– John Lewis Mayfield Jr., DWI, driving while license revoked DWI revocation.
– James Shehan, second degree trespass.