Superior Court for Aug. 30 session
Published 9:13 am Thursday, September 30, 2021
The following cases were disposed of during the Aug. 30 session of Davie Superior Court. Presiding: Judge Lora Cubbage. Prosecuting: Rob Taylor, Ina Stanton, Steve Boone and Alan Martin, assistant DAs.
– John Wesley Bohannon, DWI, sentenced to 12 months, suspended 24 months, 30 days active, do not use alcohol, cost; open container after consuming alcohol, guilty; driving without two headlamps, dismissed.
– Krystal Nicole Caudle, probation violation, defendant will be held in custody until bed at treatment facility is available.
– Britani Leann Charles, misdemeanor probation violation, probation continued and extended 6 months, defendant must have completed 10 hours of community service by next court date; felony probation violation, probation continued.
– Douglas Eugene Cheek, second degree arson, sentenced to 15 to 27 months, suspended 18 months, 55 days active/credit, remain employed, continue treatment, not assault/threaten/harass victim, $6,000 restitution to victim, $1,245 attorney fee.
– Freddie Lee Davis, incest, sentenced to 19 to 32 months, credit for 91 days, register as a sex offender for 30 years, cost, $595 attorney fee.
– Josue Nahum Deras, taking indecent liberties with a child, sentenced to 19 to 32 months, credit for 435 days, register as a sex offender for 30 years; taking indecent liberties with a child, sentenced to 19 to 32 months at expiration of previous sentence; taking indecent liberties with a child, sentenced to 19 to 32 months at expiration of previous sentence; taking indecent liberties with a child, sentenced to 19 to 32 months at expiration of previous sentence; statutory sex offense with a child age 15 or younger, dismissed.
– Andrea Wallace Devaughn, misdemeanor death by vehicle, sentenced to 150 days, suspended 24 months, 50 hours community service, defendant is allowed to travel out of state for work but not allowed to drive, cost, $555 attorney fee.
– Lucas Aaron Gilham, possession of heroin, dismissed; possession of drug paraphernalia, sentenced to time served, $350 attorney fee.
– Leonard Roy Holland, possession with intent to sell/deliver cocaine, habitual felon, sentenced to 35 to 54 months; selling cocaine, dismissed.
– Qua’Meak Rayshaud Lewis, possession with intent to sell/deliver cocaine, possession with intent to sell/deliver marijuana, deliver cocaine, deliver marijuana, dismissed.
– Capius Latrail McNeely, felony probation violation, probation terminated.
– Juan Pablo Montoya, possession with intent to manufacture/sell/deliver a schedule VI controlled substance, reduced to possession of marijuana more than one-half ounce to one and one-half ounces, $150, cost, $20 install fee.
– David Raldon Purkey Jr., felony probation violation, probation continued.
– Demetrius D. Sellers, possession of a firearm by a felon, sentenced to 17 to 30 months, suspended 24 months, 90 days active/credit, look for employment or remain employed, weapon to be returned to rightful owners, any money seized can be returned to defendant, cost, $255 attorney fee; possession of a stolen firearm, felony possession of cocaine, dismissed.
– Charles Lamont Stevenson, possession of a firearm by a felon, sentenced to 13 to 25 months, credit for 29 days, $510 attorney fee; identity theft, dismissed.
– Ross Weathers IV, assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill inflicting serious injury, sentenced to 93 to 124 months, credit for 119 days, obtain mental health treatment, $3,600 restitution to victim.
– Tammy O’Neil White, 2 counts probation violation, probation terminated unsuccessfully.
Failure to Appear
– Roy Lee Arnold, habitual felon, felony possession of a schedule II controlled substance.
– Mitchell Randolph Ivey, attempting to obtain property by false pretense, uttering forged instrument, possession of more than 5 counterfeit instruments.
– Kristen Ashley Smith, felony probation violation.