Davie District Court
The following cases were disposed of during the July 29 session of Davie District Court. Presiding: Judge B. Carlton Terry. Prosecuting: Eric Farr and Pearce Dougan, assistant DAs.
– Salome E. Campbell, speeding 93 in a 70, reduced to 79 in a 70, $300, cost.
– Anthony Heath Curlee, second degree trespass, dismissed per plea; second degree trespass, sentenced to 20 days, suspended 12 months, do not go back to Cooper Creek Apartment complex, cost, $212.50 attorney fee.
– Danny Boyd Johnson, motion – vehicle seizure hearing, vehicle seized.
– Johnny Wayne Johnson, misdemeanor probation violation, probation terminated unsuccessfully.
– Thi My Thinh Nguyen, speeding 100 in a 70, failure to secure passenger under age 16, dismissed per plea; reckless driving, $1,000, cost.
– Thomas Michael Powers, felony larceny of vehicle, reduced to misdemeanor larceny, sentenced to 120 days to run with sentence serving, cost, $255 attorney fee; driving while license revoked not DWI revocation, dismissed per plea.
– Artavious J. Samuel, speeding 97 in a 70, driving while license revoked not DWI revocation, dismissed per plea; reckless driving, $700, cost.
– Frances Young Tyson, fictitious/altered title/registration, aid and abet license violation, dismissed per plea in other case.
– Marjorie Custer Wall, allowing livestock to run at large, dismissed, corrected.
– Michael Shane Warren, possession of drug paraphernalia, maintaining vehicle/dwelling/place for a controlled substance, trafficking opium or heroin, felony possession of a schedule II controlled substance, 2 counts possession of heroin, 2 counts possession of methamphetamine, possession with intent to manufacture/sell/deliver heroin, dismissed per plea; assault on a female, sentenced to 150 days, suspended 12 months, not assault/threaten/harass victim, enroll in an abuser treatment program, cost, $315 attorney fee.
– Bradley Deon Woods, DWI, sentenced to 120 days, suspended 12 months, 48 hours community service, follow substance abuse treatment recommendations, do not use alcohol during probation, $200, cost, $600 lab fee; speeding 100 in a 70, reckless driving, dismissed per plea.
Failure to Appear
– Justin E. Alexander, speeding 98 in a 70, reckless driving, fictitious/altered title/registration, operating vehicle with no insurance, driving while license revoked not DWI revocation, possession of marijuana up to one-half ounce, driving/allowing vehicle to be driven with no registration, expired/no inspection.
– Dana Bracken Rock, allowing animal to create a public nuisance.
The Disabled American Veterans Chapter 75 of Mocksville awarded a plaque to the owners and staff of Wendy’s on Yadkinville... read more