Library plans summer reading, special programs
Tales with Tails is the theme of the summer reading program for all ages at the Davie Public Library.
A kickoff tailgating event is scheduled for 4 p.m. on June 7, a drive-thru event.
Registration is required for all in-person programs. Stop by the library, or visit http://bit.ly/DCPLSRP.
Among the offerings this summer for youth and teens:
• Preschool storytime for ages 3-5, every Wednesday, 10 a.m.;
• Movers & Shakers for ages 0-3, every Friday, 10 a.m.,
• Origami Club, every second Thursday at 5 p.m. beginning June 10;
• Stuffed Animal Sleepover, June 14-16;
• Middle School Book Club, each Monday June 14-July 26, technology enhanced activities, crafts, read alouds, discussions and mini competitions related to “Song for a Whale” by Lynn Kelly;
• Virtual Show and Tell, June 15 at 6 p.m.;
• Children’s Movie, every other Thursday starting June 17 at 11 a.m.;
• Teen Taco-bout Movie Night with The Shallows, 6 p.m.;
• Crafting with Toni: Pawprint Necklaces, June 22 at 5 p.m.;
• Virtual Zoo Trip and Trivia, June 26 at 10 a.m.; and
• DIY Pinterest: Socktopus, teens and tweens are invited to make their own.
Adult summer reading programs will include:
• Wellness Wednesday: Yoga, starting June 9 at 4 p.m.;
• Write On! June 14 at 4 p.m., a virtual writer’s club;
• A Piece of Crochet: Squares June 16 at 4 p.m., help stitch squares for blanket for Just Hope;
• Crafternoon: Mini Fairytale Zen Garden, June 18 at 2 p.m., materials provided;
• #WeChatTogether, June 21 at 2 p.m., video clip followed by discussion;
• Tea & Chat Book Club: The Color Purple, June 24 at 5 p.m.;
• Animal Crossing Meet Up, June 25 at 4 p.m.;
• Show & Tales for Adults, June 28 at 4 p.m.; and
• Foodtales: Soulfood, June 28 at 4 p.m., learn history and swap recipes.
For more information or to register for these events, call 336-753-6030. For youth programs, email Karen Martin at email@example.com, or for adult programs, email Jazmine Baylor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Willie J. Tabor, a native of Mocksville, attended the public schools in Davie County. Tabor earned earned a bachelor’s degree... read more