Willie Tabor earns doctorate from Nelson Mandella Univ.
Published 3:51 pm Friday, May 21, 2021
Willie J. Tabor, a native of Mocksville, attended the public schools in Davie County.
Tabor earned earned a bachelor’s degree in business administration, and business education, with a minor in English, from Livingstone College in Salistury.
In the past 18 months, Tabor received three outstanding achievements.
During the May 8 commencement at Clinton College, the administration, faculty, staff and students nominated Tabor as pProfessor of the Year. During the 2020-21 Academic year, Tabor taught Principles of Accounting, and Principles of Business Management.
Livingstone College held its 139th Annual Commencement. The Class of 1971 celebrated its 50th anniversary commencement. The class of 1971 hold the record for having the largest number of Golden Graduates in attendance. Tabor was among the 48 Golden Grads, crossing the stage one more time. Tabor has served at the Class Agent for 38 years.
Tabor earned a doctorate of humane letters from Nelson Mandela University, Port of Elizabeth, South Africa. Tabor was recognized for his expertise in higher education, community services, and the humanities.
Below are a few of Dr. Tabor’s accomplishments:
• J.C. Price Veterans Award for Outstanding Service to Salisbury;
• Department of Veteran Affairs In Appreciation for Services;
• Certificate of Appreciation for Services – Livingstone College National Alumni Association;
• Joseph Charles Price Heritage Society – Livingstone College $10,000 Contribution;
• Proclamation from City of Salisbury – Service to the Community;
• The American Legion Department of N.C. – Youth and Children Service Award;
• United Negro College Fund Outstanding Alumnus;
• Livingstone College Founder’s Day Award – Distinguished Service Award to Church and Community;
• Founded the Mid-Regional New Jersey – Chapter of Livingstone College Alumni Association;
• Mid-Regional New Jersey Alumni Association – Distinguished Service;
• Meritorious Service Award – Livingstone College National Alumni Association 1984;
• Rising Star Award – United Negro College Fund;
• Philanthropic Services to the United Negro College Fund, – Raised $9.1 million;
• Thurgood Marshall Scholarship Fund – National Educational Excellence Achievement Award – $6,000;
• Thurgood Marshall Scholarship Fund – Excellence in Service for Community Service and Service Learning – $6,000;
• Governor’s Crime Commission Grant for Livingstone College – $55,000
• Livingstone College. – Medallion for Distinguished Service – National Alumni Association
• Class Agent for Livingstone College Class of 1971, assisted class in raising in excess of $67,000, working on $100,000;
• First Mr. National Alumni in history of Livingstone – National Alumni Association;
• Revitalized the National Alumni Association at Clinton College 2012;
• Designed and published the first full-scale magazine at Clinton College – The Clintonian – 2012;
• Redesigned the Clinton College Seal 2012;
• Secured the second highest individual contribution of $250,000 from a single family benefiting Clinton College;
• Designed new Mascot – Golden Bear 2012- Clinton College;
• Received The New Jersey State Resolution – Outstanding Services benefiting students from New Jersey attending Livingstone College.
• Adjunct Professor at Clinton College 2019 2020.