Davie District Court
The following cases were disposed of during the April 15 session of Davie District Court. Presiding: Judge Thomas Church. Prosecuting: Pearce Dougan and Eric Farr, assistant DAs.
– Ryan C. Andriakos, injury to real property, injury to personal property, dismissed at request of prosecuting witness.
– Scott Patrick Cooper, reckless driving, hit/run leaving scene after causing property damage, dismissed, civil settlement.
– Monica Leigh Crotts, simple assault, dismissed at request of prosecuting witness.
– Whitney Nicole Fink, 2 counts financial card fraud, sentenced to 45 days, suspended 24 months, no convictions for similar offenses while on probation, $200, cost, $446.20 attorney fee.
– Samantha E. Gaefke, speeding 94 in a 70, prayer for judgment continued; reckless driving, dismissed per plea.
– Austin Payton Keaton, assault on a child under age 12, sentenced to 60 days, suspended 24 months, have no contact with victim, attend and complete parenting classes, $200, cost, $315 attorney fee.
– Amanda Diane Lee, second degree trespass, sentenced to 45 days, suspended 12 months, submit to random drug tests, do not have contact with victims, do not be on victims’ property except to pay rent.
– Mandala L. Matthews, communicating threats, dismissed, prosecuting witness failed to appear.
– William A. McInturff, speeding 86 in a 70, reduced to improper equipment, $25, cost.
– Danny Ray Miller, unauthorized use of vehicle, dismissed, insufficient evidence, victim deceased.
– Claudia Mae Platt, speeding 85 in a 70, dismissed per plea; driving while license revoked not DWI, reduced to failure to notify DMV of address change cost.
– Leo Pruitt, speeding 104 in a 70, reduced to careless and reckless driving, $500, cost.
– Jose Beneraldo Ruiz, failure to maintain lane control, dismissed per plea; driving while license revoked DWI revocation, sentenced to 120 days, suspended one year, $250, cost.
– Shawna Lynn Smith, simple assault, dismissed at request of prosecuting witness.
– Travis C. Thompson, assault on a female, dismissed, prosecuting witness failed to appear.
– German Diaz-Vargas, failure to stop for steady red light, dismissed per plea; driving while license revoked DWI revocation, $150, cost.
– Robert James Vaughn, speeding 93 in a 70, reduced to careless and reckless driving, $200, cost.
– Joseph Richard Wolfe, probation violation, probation terminated unsuccessfully, $185 attorney fee.
Failure to Appear
– Jessica Marie Flores, misdemeanor probation violation.
– Catherine E. Godbey, driving while license revoked DWI revocation.
– Maria L. Turner, speeding 93 in a 70.
– Andy Riano-Valverde, unauthorized use of vehicle.
By Meredith Radford UNC Media Hub Annamarie Marinelli, an English teacher at Northwood Temple Academy in Fayetteville, doesn’t think the... read more