County Line: Margaret Shew honored with drive-thru birthday celebration
Published 9:40 am Thursday, December 17, 2020
By Shirley Thorne
County Line Correspondent
Many churches have not scheduled Christmas programs due to the increase of the spread of the coronavirus. Churches have these service scheduled this week, but please contact the churches for any updates:
• Calvary Baptist, no services until Sunday, Jan. 3;
• Clarksbury United Methodist, outdoor Sunday worship at 10 a.m. and indoor “Book of John” Bible study at 7 p.m. Thursday; both require masks and social distancing;
• Piney Grove AME Zion, outdoor Sunday worship at 10 a.m.;
• Pleasant View Baptist, regular indoor services Sunday and Wednesday;
• Salem United Methodist, Sunday worship at 9:30 a.m. in the sanctuary; social distancing and masks recommended;
• Society Baptist, Sunday worship at 11 a.m. in the fellowship hall; no Sunday evening service; Bible study and prayer at 7 p.m. Wednesday in the sanctuary; masks and social distancing recommended.
For the well-being of all folks in our community, some worship services in the churches have been canceled and/or are streamed online via FaceBook, YouTube, or church website as previously stated.
Last Sunday afternoon the Salem folks gathered to drive by the home of Margaret Ann Cartner Shew to wish her a happy birthday. She watched from her front yard as her great-grandson Westyn handed her cards and gifts from passers-by. Homebound for many months, she was 87 Tuesday, Dec. 15. Margaret Ann, all of us in County Line send you happy-birthday wishes and trust you have a healthy and happy new year of life.
Our community sends get-well wishes to Dan Hutchens and Betty Stroud. Dan had outpatient surgery last week and is recuperating at home. Betty has been at Iredell Memorial Hospital since last Sunday night. Faye Stroud continues to rest at home while under treatment for cancer.
Join us in prayer for the Lord’s divine healing and blessings upon Dan, Betty, Faye, and other residents who are having health problems.
Continue to pray for the many families in our area affected by the coronavirus. Pray for our country as the count of infection cases was over 16.5 million and the count of coronavirus-related deaths was over 300,000 Monday. Please, please follow medical directives of the three W’s: Wear a mask. Wait 6 – 8 feet apart. Wash your hands often.
For news and memories to share, please call Shirley on 336-492-5115 or email email@example.com.