No change in Davie with Phase 3 extension
Published 10:00 am Thursday, October 29, 2020
On Wednesday, Oct. 21, Gov. Roy Cooper extended Phase 3 for three more weeks.
Davie County’s emergency declaration is still in effect and no changes are proposed due to this extension by the governor, said Interim County Manager Robin West.
NC Department of Health an Human Services sent letters to 36 counties requesting local officials to help slow the spread of the virus. The letters were issued to counties where the rate of cases is greater than 50 cases per 10,000 people; where there had been 300 or more cases in the last two weeks and have been identified by the White House Coronavirus Task Force as a county of concern, or the county is one of the three most populous in the state.
“Fortunately, Davie County was not one of those that received this letter,” West said. “This does not mean that we can be complacent about the virus, as we continue to have an increase in positive cases in the county. We continue to monitor the spread of the virus, practice diligent contact tracing, and encourage our citizens to remember the three Ws when you leave home: wear a face covering, wash your hands frequently for 20 seconds at a time, and wait six feet apart from other people.”
Davie County government continues to provide services to residents. “Current conditions do require that we adapt and do things differently, she said.
A COVID-19 hotline is staffed by public health nurses at 336-753-6750 or 336-753-6550.