20 in 20: Chamber contest offers prizes
Published 9:35 am Thursday, July 30, 2020
By Jeanna Baxter White
Word Master Media Group for Davie Chamber
Make 2020 the year you really explore Davie County.
The Davie County Chamber of Commerce is sponsoring a 20 in 20 contest beginning Aug. 1 as part of its Discover Davie County tourism initiative.
Enjoy new spots and old favorites.
Catch a drive-in movie at Davie County Community Park, spark your imagination at Cognition, sip a glass of wine and watch the sunset at a local winery, or grab a bite to eat at your favorite restaurant.
“We started this campaign to showcase all that is available in our community with the added bonus of supporting our local businesses,” said Caroline Moser, president of the Davie County Chamber of Commerce. “This is something fun that the entire family can take part in.”
From Aug. 1 to Dec. 31, participants will complete 20 items on the 20 in 2020 list found at DiscoverDavieCounty.com.
• Each item on the list you complete gives you a chance to win in a monthly drawing.
• Complete 20 of the items in 2020 to be eligible to be in the drawing for the grand prize, which will be awarded to one winner in January.
• The prize for each monthly drawing will be announced on social media and may be different each month.
• The grand prize will be a treasure trove of gifts from local businesses. More details will be shared about this at a later date.
Participants get one entry for every item completed.
For each entry:
• Post a selfie or pic of yourself at the business on Instagram or Facebook.
• Tag us @discoverdaviecounty.
• Tag the company (or use its hashtag).
• Get an extra entry when you also check-in at the location on Instagram or Facebook.
• Get an additional entry when you leave a comment with any sunshine emoji on one of our social media posts.
If the item you are completing is leaving a review:
• Create a post or share your status about leaving the review on Google or Facebook.
• Tag us @discoverdaviecounty.
• Tag the business you left a review for (or use their hashtag).
Entries will be tracked when tagged @discoverdaviecounty.
If you have not used the # for the business or tagged them using their handle, you will get a message on social media reminding you to add/edit your post so that your entry will count.
Each entry is one chance to win, but you must complete 20 items from the list by Dec. 31 to be eligible for the grand prize. (You do not have to do all 50 to be entered to win – just chose the 20 you want to do from the list of 50 items.
A winner will be randomly selected and will be contacted on social media.
Families can participate and work as a team to complete the 20 items, but the winner of the grand prize must be 21.
Follow DiscoverDavieCounty and get updates on the 20 in 2020 contest, announcements about prizes, and insider information about all that is happening in our communities.
“We don’t want to miss any of your messages, questions, or tags, so follow us on Instagram and Facebook, and may the odds be ever in your favor,” Moser said.
For all of the details about the contest as well as information about Davie County visit DiscoverDavieCounty.com.