Davie District Court: Oct. 31, 2019
Published 10:36 am Monday, November 18, 2019
The following cases were disposed of during the October 31 session of Davie District Court. Presiding: Judge Mary F. Covington. Prosecuting: John Bandle and Pearce Dougan, assistant DAs.
- John K. Balatsias, speeding in work zone more than 80 or more than 15 miles per hour over the speed limit, reduced to improper equipment, $250, cost.
- Whitney Morgan Barker, speeding 85 in a 70, reduced to improper equipment, $25, cost.
- Charlie M. Boseman, felony larceny of a motor vehicle, reduced to misdemeanor larceny sentenced to 10 days active to run concurrently with any sentence now serving, cost, $115 attorney fee; conspiracy to commit felony larceny, dismissed per plea.
- Andrias A. Cote, misdemeanor probation violation out of county, probation terminated.
- Jacob Ray Fritts, speeding 70 in a 55, reduced to improper equipment, $25, cost.
- Stephen G. Hawkins, speeding 86 in a 70, dismissed per plea; driving while license revoked DWI revocation, prayer for judgment continued, cost.
- Juan Chaves-Jimenez, speeding 94 in a 70, prayer for judgment continued, cost; reckless driving-wanton disregard, dismissed per plea.
- Shannon Edward Kelly, probation violation, probation extended six months, obtain substance abuse assessment/treatment, pay monies owed.
- Jakob Lee Martin, speeding 95 in a 70, prayer for judgment continued, cost; reckless driving-wanton disregard, dismissed per plea.
- Bryan Josue Ortez, simple possession of schedule IV controlled substance, dismissed, informal deferred prosecution.
- James Allen Swing, speeding 96 in a 55, three counts driving while license revoked not DWI revocation, improper equipment – speedometer, dismissed per plea; reckless driving to endanger, $500, cost.
Failure to Appear
- Dametris B. Hopkins, possession of marijuana up to one-half ounce, possession of marijuana paraphernalia.
- Leonard M. Lazenby, driving while license revoked not DWI revocation.
- Montae C. McBride, shoplifting by concealment of goods.
- Matthew E. McCullough, driving while license revoked not DWI revocation.