Davie District Court: Oct. 3, 2019
The following cases were disposed of during the October 3 session of Davie District Court. Presiding: Judge Carlos Jane’. Prosecuting: Pearce Dougan and Kaitlyn Jones, assistant DAs.
- Cameron Tyler Beasley, show cause, dismissed, paid in full.
- Gary Dean Bledsoe aka Gary F. Bledsoe, driving/allowing motor vehicle to be driven with no registration, failure to apply for new title, dismissed, corrected.
- Thomas D. Browning, misdemeanor larceny, dismissed at request of prosecuting witness.
- Jonathan Dale Chaplin, operating commercial vehicle with no commercial operator’s license, dismissed, corrected.
- Dewayne Eric Chunn, driving while license revoked DWI revocation, sentenced to 48 hours active; reckless driving-wanton disregard, dismissed per plea.
- Christopher T. Evans, two counts probation violation, probation revoked, active sentence placed into effect.
- Dakota Ray Ferguson, misdemeanor probation violation, probation terminated.
- Rodriguez Guevara, speeding 95 in a 70, $50, cost, $170 attorney fee; reckless driving-wanton disregard, dismissed per plea.
- Ronnie Dale James, possession of marijuana paraphernalia, sentenced to 15 days to run concurrent with sentence now serving.
- Samantha Gwyn Kirk, speeding 50 in a 40, reduced to improper equipment, $25, cost.
- Perez Octavio Mena, DWI, sentenced to 45 days, suspended 18 months, 24 hours community service, credit for substance abuse assessment, surrender driver’s license, not operate motor vehicle until licensed by DMV, $100, cost; exceeding safe speed, dismissed per plea.
- Cameron James Meyer, failure to maintain lane control, dismissed, civil matter.
- Nijah Aileen Muhammad, driving while license revoked not DWI revocation, reduced to failure to notify DMV of address change, $25, cost; carrying concealed weapon, dismissed per plea.
- Joseph Dylan Pate, noise ordinance violation, dismissed in the interest of justice, defendant moved.
- McKenzie Ann Reavis, speeding 69 in a 55, prayer for judgment continued.
- Donald Gray Smith, Jr., simple possession of schedule III controlled substance, possession of drug paraphernalia, simple possession of schedule IV controlled substance, dismissed per plea; DWI, sentenced to 120 days, credit for 49 days, attorney fee.
- Janice Ivey Spillman, show cause, probation continued.
- Windy G. Tinta, show cause, dismissed.
- Katrina Turner, simple assault, dismissed at request of prosecuting witness.
- Matthew Shane Winters, hit/run leaving scene of property damage, driving while license revoked not DWI revocation, dismissed per plea; DWI, sentenced to 120 days, credit for 2 days, $170 attorney fee.
Failure to Appear
- Emily Ann Evans, possession of stolen goods/property.
- Kwame Devon Matthews, driving while license revoked not DWI revocation, expired registration card/tag, operating vehicle with no insurance, driving/allowing vehicle to be driven with no registration, speeding 95 in a 70, reckless driving to endanger.
- Kenan Jamal Reid, speeding 83 in a 70, driving while license revoked not DWI revocation, expired registration card/tag, expired/no inspection, carrying concealed weapon, possession of marijuana paraphernalia, possession of open container/consuming alcohol in passenger area.
- Jamal L. Robertson, failure to give information/aid to person with injury, failure to reduce speed, no operator’s license.
- Eric Wesley Ward, failure to wear seat belt, driving while license revoked DWI revocation.