Davie District Court, Week of Aug. 19, 2019
Published 8:16 am Thursday, September 12, 2019
The following cases were disposed of during the Aug. 19 session of Davie Superior Court. Presiding: Judge Mark E. Klass. Prosecuting: Robert S. Taylor and Alan B. Martin, assistant DAs.
- Cyrano Allison, felony larceny, sentenced to 25 to 39 months, credit for 100 days, work release recommended, cost, $645 attorney fee; unauthorized use of vehicle, dismissed.
- Benji Lee Barker, possession of methamphetamine, felony breaking and/or entering, larceny after breaking/entering, sentenced to 10 to 21 months, suspended 18 months, 30 days active/credit, obtain drug/alcohol assessment, drugs ordered destroyed, cost, $420 attorney fee.
- Matthew Willis Deblasio, misdemeanor probation violation, probation terminated, $180 attorney fee.
- David Gordon Edwards Jr., manufacture marijuana, dismissed per plea; felony possession of marijuana, reduced to misdemeanor possession of marijuana one-half to one and one-half ounces, sentenced to 60 days, suspended 12 months, $285 attorney fee.
- Justin Alexander Hosey, 2 counts breaking and/or entering, larceny after breaking/entering, dismissed per plea; felony breaking and/or entering, sentenced to 8 to 19 months, credit for 106 days, obtain mental health treatment, work release recommended, $436.42 restitution, $420 attorney fee; 2 counts felony larceny after breaking/entering, sentenced to 8 to 19 months at expiration of previous sentence.
- Joey Martin Ijames, felony probation violation, probation continued, 10 days active for contempt, credit for 53 days.
- Marvin Robert James, felony fleeing to elude arrest with vehicle, sentenced to 8 to 19 months, suspended 18 months, 15 days active/credit, 40 hours community service, obtain mental health assessment/treatment, take parenting classes, take medication, not operate vehicle until licensed, $570 attorney fee.
- Robert Tyler Minor, possession with intent to manufacture/sell/deliver methamphetamine, dismissed.
- Jeffrey Shannon Panos, DWI, not guilty.
- Ashanti T. Paul, felony larceny, deferred prosecution, 12 months probation, 50 hours community service, continue mental health treatment, $900 attorney fee, case to be reviewed in 12 months.
- Joseph Linn Reid, 4 counts felony probation violation, probation revoked, DART program recommended, obtain mental health assessment, work release after treatment is finished.
- Jerry Glen Selph Jr., possession of methamphetamine, dismissed in the interest of justice.
- Zachary Dwayne Summers, felony breaking and/or entering, sentenced to 10 to 21 months, suspended two years, 10 days active/credit, have no contact with victims, obtain drug abuse assessment, $2,000 restitution, $720 attorneys’ fees; 2 counts felony breaking/entering, 2 counts felony larceny, sentenced to 8 to 19 months at expiration of previous sentence, suspended 2 years; larceny after breaking/entering, dismissed.
- Michael Wayne Tilley, felony obtaining property by false pretense, sentenced to 8 to 19 months, suspended 12 months, 10 days active/credit, submit DNA sample, $1,151.45 restitution, have no contact with victims, $810 attorneys’ fees.
- Aaron Thomas Turner, driving left of center, dismissed per remand of DWI.
Failure to Appear
- Jacqueline Lynn Caldwell, DWI, speeding 57 in a 35.
- Kristen Ashley Smith, larceny from the person.
- William Frankie Tatum, larceny after breaking/entering, breaking and/or entering, selling a schedule II controlled substance, resisting public officer, selling a schedule IV controlled substance.
- Samuel Lucas White, felony probation violation.