Seven seek Ms. Senior Davie title
Published 10:51 am Thursday, August 29, 2019
Who will be the next Ms. Senior Davie County?
Seven women will compete for the title at the fourth annual Ms. Senior Davie County Pageant on Thursday, Sept. 5 at 6:30 p.m. at Senior Services, 278 Meroney St. in Mocksville. Doors open at 5:30 and cake and punch will follow the program.
The contestants will compete in four areas – interview, “I Believe” statement, evening gown and talent.
Admission is by ticket only, but is free. Pick up free tickets at Senior Services, or call to reserve for pick up at the door. For more information or to reserve seats, call 336-753-6230.
• Alice Anderson Barnette is a member of the Davie County Retired School Personnel, Center United Methodist Women, and volunteers with the Davie County Schools, Center Methodist Preschool, Davie Senior Services and Meals on Wheels. She enjoys basketball and volunteering and will perform comedy for her talent.
• Caldonia Evans is a member of Bear Creek Baptist Church, the Bear Creek Baptist Mission Team, the Boogie Brigade at Davie Senior Services, and volunteers for church mission trips and at the Call for Cooleemee. She enjoys flowers and dancing and will dance for her talent.
• Diane Koeval is a member of Green Meadows Baptist Church and volunteers crocheting prayer shawls and making lap quilts for those going through difficult times.
She enjoys crocheting and flower hardening and will sign for her talent.
• Mary Luffman volunteers at Davie Senior Services and enjoys consignment store shopping and playing cards. She will tell a story for her talent.
• Jodi Patton-Athey is a member of the Civitan Club, Crusaders 4 the Cure and United Methodist Women at Advance United Methodist Church. She volunteers at the Advance VFD barbecues and at the Advance Christmas Parade. She enjoys painting and piano. She will perform a skit for her talent.
• Lita Wieter is a member of the Davie County Quilt Guild and Quilters West. She makes quilts and pillowcases for veterans, nursing homes and hospitals, and volunteers at Davie Senior Services. She enjoys quilting and working in the yard and will quilt for her talent.
• Sandi Winston is a member of Sigma Theta Tau International and Kiwanis. She volunteers at Davie Senior Services, and is a member of the Davie County Aging Planning and the Community Advisory committees, as well as being a Senior Tarheel Legislative delegate. She enjoys photography and hiking, and will perform a comedy routine for her talent.