Bermuda Run updating comprehensive plan
Published 8:18 am Thursday, April 13, 2017
BERMUDA RUN – In 2012, the town adopted its comprehensive plan and continues its success in implementing strategies.
In the past five years, construction of the Wake Forest Baptist Health Davie Medical Center was completed, a roundabout was installed to improve traffic flow at US 158 and the BB&T Soccer Park, Bermuda Quay shopping center had facade improvements, 10 new commercial buildings were constructed, new businesses opened, the Blue Heron Trail was designed, a new town seal and logo were approved, and multiple community events were held on the newly-acquired Town Green near Town Hall.
The town needs input, once again, to plan for the future and update the plan. The town is asking residents, property owners, and business owners within the planning area to participate in the process in the following ways:
• Visit the project website at www.planbermudarun.com for background information and project updates.
• Complete the public input survey at www.surveymonkey.com/r/planbermudarun.
• Attend the drop-in public input workshop on Tuesday, April 25 anytime between 10:30 a.m. and 7 p.m.
The update process will take approximately nine months and include the following steps and tentative schedule:
• Phase 1: update background information and maps (February-March);
• Phase 2: visioning and public input (April-May);
• Phase 3: draft plan update (June-August); and
• Phase 4: adoption process (September-October).
More information about the Town of Bermuda Run Comprehensive Plan Update process will be posted in the coming months on the project website at www.planbermudarun.com and Town’s Facebook page, or by contacting the town hall at 336-998-0906 to speak with planner, Erin Burris.