• Rowan County Board of Commissioners, 6 p.m., 130 W. Innes St.
• Cabarrus County Board of Commissioners, 6:30 p.m., Cabarrus County Governmental Center, 65 Church St., SE, Concord.
• Harold B. Jarrett American Legion, dinner 7 p.m., meeting follows meal.
• Spencer Historic Preservation Commission, 7 p.m., Town Hall.
• Nuisance Animal Committee, 10 a.m.–2 p.m., 632 Park Ave., to receive input towards drafting ordinance.
• Senior Democrats of Rowan County, 1 p.m., RPL Hurley Room, 201 W. Fisher St.: ‘NC Association of Educators Updates,’ speaker Marian Thompson, pres. Rowan Association of Educators.
• Salisbury City Council, 4 p.m., City Hall, 217 S. Main St.
• VFW Post 9131, 6:30 p.m., 1433 Old Wilksboro Road, Commander Hercules Shannon 704-798-2032.
• American Legion, Faith Post 327, 7 p.m. Commander Kevin Cauble, 704-279-1430.
• Home Instead Senior Care Alzheimer’s family support group, 12:15-1:15 p.m., Home Instead Senior Care 1839 Jake Alexander Blvd. W, Suite A., 704-636-2010, www.homeinstead.com
• Rowan Museum Board of Trustees, 4 p.m., 202 N. Main St.
• TLC Support Group for widows/widowers, Powles Funeral Home, 913 West Main St., Rockwell. Contact Russ Roakes for details 704-279-7241.
• Technical Review Committee for the City of Salisbury, 9 a.m., Plaza seminar room, 100 West Innes St.
• Salisbury Rowan Human Relations Council, 5:30 p.m., , City Council Chambers 217 S. Main St., www.SRHRC.org
• Us Too! International prostate education and support group, 5:30 p.m. RRMC patient tower fourth floor, Clay classroom, 704-642-2471.
• Eureka Lodge #45, 7 p.m., 1433 Old Wilkesboro Road. 704-636-3267 or 7040-798-2032.
• Andrew Jackson Masonic Lodge Stated Communications, 6 p.m. dinner, 7 p.m. meeting.
• Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW) Post 8989, 7 p.m., 2500 N. Cannon Blvd., Kannapolis, Mike Golembiowski Commander, 704-933-6186.
• People Growing Together Toastmasters, 5:30 p.m., J.F. Hurley YMCA, 828 Jake Alexander Blvd. West. Pre-register for January public speaking workshop: Tim Edwards, 704-279-954, firstname.lastname@example.org
• Bluegrass jam, 7-9 p.m., for acoustic musicians, E H Montgomery General Store, Gold Hill, 704-267-9439.
• Salisbury Farmers Market, 9 a.m.-noon, at West Fisher and South Jackson streets. Last one of the season.
• Goldmine Toastmasters, 8:30 a.m., Fairfield Inn, 30330 Cloverleaf Plaza, Kannapolis
• Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Salisbury Alumnae Chapter, 10 a.m., Monica Green, president, 704-636-4875.
Listings for local Christmas events can be found in the Dec. 12 Time Out on page 4D or online at www.salisburypost.com [choose entertainment>time out>roundabout Dec. 12-18]
Area athletes update … Chris Smith (West Rowan) finished his career at Arkansas with 21.5 sacks, fourth in school history.... read more