Some Demographic Trends In Davie …
Published 12:00 am Thursday, March 22, 2012
Jerome McKibben, senior demographer of McKibben Demographic Research, created a demographic profile of each school attendance area in the county.
According to his research:
• The fastest growing household type in the next 10 years will be 50-64 year olds, empty nesters.
• Two-thirds of households do not have children under the age of 18.
• Davie County is suffering from “the curse of the successful school district.” About 75 percent of students seek post-secondary education, going away to college and never returning.
• The population of 20-somethings is on the decline.
• The 0-4 age group is declining because there are fewer women of child-bearing age living in the county.
• If the dropout rate is decreased by 50 percent, there could be 200 …