It’s a classic: Davie residents taking part in fair
Published 9:29 am Tuesday, September 26, 2023
The Carolina Classic Fair – North Carolina’s second-largest agricultural fair – will take place in Winston-Salem from Sept. 29-Oct. 8.
The fair is offering advance discounts for entry tickets and rides and has announced special promotional days.
“Our biggest and best savings are now available and include significant discounts on admission tickets and ride wristband vouchers,” Carolina Classic Fair Director Cheryle Hartley said. “Act soon to make sure your family and friends will save money, avoid lines onsite, and have a ‘Magic in the Fair’ good time.”
Tickets are available from Ticketmaster or in person at the fairground’s box office. “We have a blockbuster lineup of promotional days this year, including the Centennial of Smiles 100 minutes of free rides beginning at 3 p.m. on Sept. 29 to celebrate the 100th anniversary of Strates Shows.”
Day of tickets are $10 entry for adults 12 to 64 and $5 for children 6 to 11. There is a $2 surcharge for tickets purchased at the gate. Unlimited ride wristbands purchased day of are $35 for Monday through Friday and $40 for Saturdays and Sundays.
The fair will offer special promotional days:
• Friday, Sept. 29 –107.5 Opening Day (107.5WKZL) ticket special: $5 admission. Ride Feature: Centennial of Smiles Celebrate Strates Shows 100th anniversary with 100 minutes of free rides starting at 3 p.m.
• Monday, Oct. 2 – School Day presented by Deer Park Spring Water, powered by iHeartMedia Ticket Special: Bring three school supplies and receive free admission (all supplies will be contributed to Winston-Salem Forsyth County Schools). Special Feature: School performances, free carousel rides, free popcorn in the Agriculture Building until 2 p.m. and more. Ride Feature: $20 for 10 rides
• Tuesday, Oct. – Senior Day/ $2 Tuesday (iHeartMedia). Ticket Feature: $2 admission. Ride Feature: ALL rides $2. Food Features: $2 food specials
• Wednesday, Oct. 4 – Special Ed Day/Can Food Day with Crisis Control Ministry, Pinnacle, Honda of Winston-Salem. Ticket Feature: Free admission with five nonperishable food items to benefit Crisis Control Ministry. Free admission for persons with disabilities and their aides.
• Thursday, Oct. 5 – Military Day/College Day/Night/Thirsty Thursday (WXII, 1075KZL & Rock 92). Ticket Special: Free Admission for military (with ID) and their immediate family. $5 Admission for college students (with ID). Ride Feature: $20 for 10 rides.
• Friday, Oct. 6 – Family Fun Day (Audacy). Ticket Special: Kids 11 and under free until 6 p.m. Ride Feature: Kiddie rides $20 wristbands, noon to 7 p.m. (children 7 and under).
Celebrating its 141st year in 2023, the Carolina Classic Fair is owned and operated by the City of Winston-Salem after being donated by the Winston-Salem Foundation in 1969. The 10-day annual fair features national musical entertainment, food and beverages, exhibits for livestock, poultry, fine arts and crafts, a carnival with numerous rides and games, and many more activities.