7 arrested in undercover probe at gaming site
Published 11:12 am Thursday, January 24, 2019
If you like to play those electronic “fish” games for a chance at a prize, you’re breaking the law, according to Davie Sheriff J.D. Hartman. That goes for the operators, as well.
“They’re illegal,” he said. “If you’re playing them, you’re violating the law.”
And if one of those places turns out to be a place where cocaine is sold, the law is coming after you.
Six people have been arrested in incidents involving an armbed robbery and cocaine sales at such a business on U.S. 601 North, Mocksville.
Hartman said his narcotics unit was working a case that led them to the 601 North Skills Games. An undercover officer began going there, and had made multiple purchases of cocaine arranged by employees.
That investigation was some three months long when and armed robbery was reported at the business. Investigators believe that robbery was a set up, led by Justin Adams Summers, 33, of Jonesville, who worked as a security guard at the business. Summers had reported that he and a female employee were held at gunpoint during the robbery. Hartman said that she was also part of the plan.
The guard became a suspect when Yadkin County investigators also named him as a suspect in robberies there, Hartman said. They were linked to the crime through cell phone and video evidence.
Summers was charged with armed robbery, conspiracy to commit armed robbery, possession of a firearm by a felon, possession of cocaine, selling and delivering cocaine, and maintaining a place for a controlled substance. He was taken into custody in lieu of a $170,000 bond.
The female employee, Danette Lorraine Mayfield, was charged with conspiracy to sell and deliver Schedule II controlled substances.
Also charged during both investigations:
• Patricia Lynn Hague, 38, robbery with a dangerous weapon and conspiracy to commit robbery;
• Tiffany Nicole James, 43, of Cleveland, NC, conspiracy to sell cocaine, conspiracy to sell marijuana, possession with intent to sell and deliver cocaine, selling and delivering cocaine, possession with intent to sell and deliver marijuana, and selling and delivering marijuana;
• Qua’Meak Rayshaud Lewis, 22, of Cleveland, NC, conspiracy to sell cocaine, conspiracy to sell marijuana, possession with intent to sell and deliver cocaine, selling and delivering cocaine, possession with intent to sell and deliver marijuana, selling and delivering marijuana;
• Leonard Roydean Holland, 46, of Stillwater Drive, Advance, possession with intent to sell and deliver cocaine, selling and delivering cocaine, and conspiracy to sell and deliver cocaine; and
• Brandon Scott Tyrell Prescott, 20, robbery with a dangerous weapon and conspiracy to commit robbery.